Take Ten: Molly Lux
Over the next two weeks you will be re-introduced to the inspiring women from Our Collective Muse. First up, meet Molly Lux.
Molly, event planner extraordinaire joined our group and honestly it's never been prettier. She's Mom to two fabulous minis and is an ace on the ice. She lives for her family, lake trips, traveling wherever, wine and the bachelor.
Good morning! I joined OCM just over a year ago and have enjoyed sharing business and lifestyle tips, and of course event planning details with you. I have really enjoyed our monthly OCM meetings and the support system I've started with these amazing women. I plan on sharing more and digging deeper over the next few months so read on and leave comments, I want to hear from you! Grab a coffee and here are ten things you probably don't know about me!
1. I played in the 2003 Canada Winter Games the same time Sidney Crosby was there before he was in the NHL. My dad missed one of my games to go watch him instead!
2. Fresh out of high school, I backpacked around Fiji, New Zealand and Australia. While on this trip, I was offered an opportunity to go to Finland to play ringette in their SM league!
3. I played ringette in Finland for a year and was an au pair to three young children who didn’t speak English. I learned the basic Finnish language fast.
4. I used to work on movie sets in Vancouver as a painter and on the construction team. As a thank you gift, Renee Zellweger gave me an iPod and a jacket and Mark Wahlberg gave me a signed photo. I may or may not still have it...framed....lol!
5. I’ve had 7 surgeries!!
6. I got married so young- 23!! Although we knew each other for years, I fell in love with Brent in Paris and Barcelona when we met up while we were both backpacking around Europe with friends.
7. Being 6 feet tall, I was the tallest person (including teachers!) in my elementary school when I was in grade 8. I was teased so much about my height, but have really started to embrace it the older I get. Nothing is worse than a tall girl slouching. Actually, yesterday I bought 2.5" pumps!
8. I have a Biology degree specializing in Ornithology and used to work at Environment Canada studying diseased birds and Snowy Owls. When I was finishing my honours degree, I went to Newfoundland for 2 weeks for a marine biology course and did some incredible whale watching and met some amazing friends, including the band Hey Rosetta :)
9. I discovered my passion for events after volunteering at many events. I drastically changed my line of work and started Lux Events in 2010!
10. I come from a family of entrepreneurs. My husband, father, sister, and brother-in-law all own their own companies. Our family holidays consist of inspiring conversation and the odd person jetting off to take a quick call or doing 10 minutes of work.
There you have it! I am so grateful for this amazing community of women and readers. Thank you!!