Take Ten: Karyn Kimberley
Meet Karyn, photographer, marketer and social media maven. Driven by design, esthetics and social culture, she finds inspiration in the beauty that surrounds her. With a penchant for beautiful things, Karyn favours fresh cut flowers, detailed architecture and the wide world of fashion. In her free time, you’ll find her soaking up every sweet second with her adorable and creative son, Noah, lifting weights at the local gym or enjoying laugh-til-it-hurts moments with her girlfriends.
Hi all! I'm excited to share my ten with you - so here I go...
1. I love and appreciate so much in this life, but my very favourite thing in the world? Noah cuddles. Noah giggles. Noah light, love and all his magic. He's my world and there's really no words to explain my love for this boy. But I'll go on and on if you ask me :) He is pure, shining light and solid-gold goodness.
2. I studied Japanese as a second language in high school and traveled to Hitachi and Tokyo on an exchange program. Later, I was able to put my second language to use when working both on and off the ski hill in Lake Louise.
3. Almost twenty years ago, the Edge Agency represented me while I modelled professionally in SE Asia. Working in Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand will forever be some of my best moments. I stayed in Taiwan to teach English-kindy and traveled the countryside by motorbike. I left a bit of my heart behind when returning to Canada.
4. I've worked in front of the camera on a handful of movie productions, music videos, commercials and voiceovers. My starstruck moment was working with Jaimie Foxx. And most unique casting? A voiceover for an animated gopher :)
5. I could dress in all black forever - but when it comes to decorating, I'm in love with colour. My dream home - a quaint, boho chic space on the California coast would be adorned in vivid kilm rugs, rich jewel toned velvet sofas, oversized prints and eclectic details. Bright white walls, old lived in hardwoods and massive windows to let in all that amazing light would be the icing on the cake.
6. I'm a photographer, marketer and content creator, however I hold a degree in Sociology from the U of S and a certificate in aesthetics. Although my career is based largely upon social media and photography, the very best moments of my life never make it to my social feed.
7. Hip Hop has my heart. As do warm cups of coffee, decadent chocolate, the perfect peachy-pink lippy and detailed day-planners.
8. Good friends, an arsenal of inspo quotes and multiple litres of ice cream have pulled me through the toughest times. Can I get an Amen for Ben & Jerry's.
9. At 39, I have never been more happy, confident and aware of who I am - faults and all. It's pure bliss to arrive to this time of acceptance and content.
10. As much as I enjoy getting dressed up for a night on the town, I'd much rather sit on a beach with a bottle of bubbles and stare into the night's sky, hold a genuine conversation and slow right down. I definitely favour the simple things.
What do I love most about OCM? Our friendships - all the love and laughter we share during our late night hangs. Meetings are filled with the best life hacks, motherhood chats and beauty tips - quality girl-time at it's best. The blog provides a creative outlet for me and I'm constantly inspired by each of our incredibly talented members. It's a great girl gang and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I enjoyed sharing some personal facts with you today and I encourage you to do the same on your social feed. Just be sure to tag #OCMTakeTen so we can learn more about you too.