The Benefits Of A Well Designed Space: Part 1
In a world of chaos and clutter, busy careers, and families that are go, go go, we tend to forget how our surroundings affect us. Most of us are guilty of having that "Monica Geller Closet" in our homes. If you watched 'Friends' you will understand my reference, I'm talking about the secret mess that we keep mysteriously hidden from family and friends. Years of paperwork and junk jammed away, sight unseen that we dare not even think about or ever actually deal with! The fact of the matter is that the "pile of shame" and the design of our day to day environment does affect us both physically and emotionally.
So let's breakdown some of the ways that a well designed space can make your life better. Not just better but easier, more relaxing, and way more enjoyable! Your home should be the perfect mix of your personal style and the function you need for your busy life.
Benefits of a well designed space
- Makes for a more productive environment! Everything is easier to find and more functional.
- Your lighting, colors, overall design and materials used will affect how the space feels. Bold warm colors, and pattern will entice your appetite. While soft, calming tones, and subtle pattern will make for a calming space to help you get that much needed R&R.
- It's a ripple affect, you'll work harder & smarter. The same goes for a space that's cluttered and does not speak to our personality, it can cause lack of focus and actually suck the joy out of your life.
- It will make your day to day tasks a more pleasant experience!
- We spend most of our lives in our homes and workplaces, why not love the surroundings? It only makes sense.
Why Interior Design matters, and where to start?
Think about who you are...What are your passions, interests, and how do you like to spend your time? This may be a loaded question but it's a starting point to creating your ideal space. Now that we've got you thinking about who you are we can start to think about expressing this through visual and functional elements in your space. A professional designer knows the right questions to ask to help coax these important details out of you. We consider not only the five senses when creating a scheme, but also emotions and how our clients will interact with the space.
- Can't make a decision? Go with your gut and choose what you love, ultimately it will make your home feel like a retreat.
- Find the balance in your space: pick colors, patterns, textures, and lighting you are attracted to, but also consider a mix of high intensities and low intensities. Some that will awaken your spirit, with others to sooth & relax you after a long day.