Busy mornings, a picky-eater in the family and the need for a quick and healthy start to our day, I whipped up a batch of the most simple and delicious triple berry chia seed pudding. Made with coconut milk, fresh berries and chia seeds, the recipe made enough for a few days, kept well in the fridge and was child approved (which says a lot). Nutrient dense chia seeds are usually added to our morning smoothies - they're among the healthiest foods on the planet; packed with protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. We enjoyed this chia seed pudding topped with fresh berries and greek yogurt for breakfast and I loved how this make ahead pudding simplified my morning.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2 1/2 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 C fresh strawberries
- 1 C fresh raspberries
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 C chia seeds
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C vanilla greek yogurt for serving
- additional berries for garnish
- Combine coconut milk, strawberries, raspberries, lemon juice, vanilla, salt in blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl with a tight fitting lid, whisk chia seeds, let sit for 2 minutes and whisk again.
- Repeat 2 - 3 times until seeds begin to absorb some of the liquid and disperse.
- Place lid on bowl, refrigerate over night.
- Before serving, stir pudding, gently fold in blueberries.
- Portion into serving dishes.
- Garnish with greek yogurt and additional fresh berries
Topped with greek yogurt and fresh berries, it's ready to enjoy anytime of day.