I love a good DIY project, and especially when it has to do with party planning, it's the marriage of two of my favorite things (besides my family). Need something to jazz up your centrepieces for an upcoming party/wedding? These vases are super easy to make, and won't cost you an arm and a leg! I was at Michaels on the hunt for the perfect scrapbook paper to make a banner for my fellow blogger Kelsi's bridal shower, and I came accross these adorable milk jars and couldn't pass them up!
I knew I wanted to incorporate these into the bridal shower somehow. There are many online tutorials for re-vamping milk jars including using glitter, spray paint, material, ribbon, stencils, lace, burlap and everything in-between. The theme of Kelsi's bridal shower was romantic and floral, so once I found the PERFECT floral scrapbook paper I knew IT WAS ON! Throw some cute pink and white twine in the mix and voila! You can even take it all off and re-decorate them all over again for a different theme/color scheme, now thats value!
- milk jars
- scrapbook paper (I bought 4 sheets and had more then enough for 12 vases)
- paper cutter (or a ruler and scissors)
- double sided tape (this makes it semi permanent, if you'd like it to be more permanent make sure you find a strong glue!)
- twine (optional, adds a nice touch)
- Choose width and cut strips of paper. (I did .5" strips and 2" strips for my bottle size)
- Wrap paper around and tape in place.
- tie a bow with twine
- fill with water and a peony (or flower of your choice), ta-da! Enjoy!