For just a moment, envision a place... soft as a lamb, complete with all of your favourite things. Imagine a place.... all your own, where your imagination soars without limitation, where afternoon naps provide renewed perspective, and where superheroes come alive.
Here's the story about a simple concept that evolved to become such a place for one very special little boy ...
With the help of various DIY references, a few simple supplies this masterpiece came to life.
Here is what you'll need to get started:
- 16 x 6 ft. wooden dowels
- double flat bed sheet (we chose chevron print)
- leather string or ribbon
- hand drill
Now let's put it together:
- Drill a hole through the top of each of the six wooden dowels. We measured six inches from the top
- Thread wire through the dowels and arrange the poles to make the shape of the teepee
- Wrap the leather around to cover up the wire and holes
- Drape your sheet around the poles. If excess fabric, tuck ends under and secure with safety pin as required.
Now you have a basic tipi to decorate, fill with your favorite things and enjoy! We were motivated to attempt an extended version of this project that replaced the draped sheet with sewn canvas, refer to our source of inspiration, The Merrythought
Below are some simple ways that Karyn accessorized her creation.