Slow Cooker Hot Spiced Apple Cider
With just four ingredients - okay, five if you spike it with your favorite rum - this Crock Pot hot spiced apple cider couldn't be any easier to make. It's the perfect excuse to stay inside and fill the house with a wonderful smell.
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES
- 4 L of apple juice or apple cider
- Six 3-inch cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving if desired
- 2 small oranges
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves or 1/4 ground cloves
- 4 teabags (optional) (I found apple flavour tea bags!)
- Rum of your choice (optional)
- Additional cinnamon sticks for serving (optional)
- Pour apple juice into a 2.5-quart or larger Crock Pot or other slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks to cider.
- With a toothpick, poke holes all around the orange, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch apart. Carefully poke the cloves into the toothpick holes in the orange.
- Place orange into the cider in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low until hot and spiced through, about 4 hours. Ladle into mugs along with an ounce or so of rum if using. Place a cinnamon stick in each glass if desired and serve.
Enjoy! The holidays are here!
Love Susan Busse and Lisa Landrie